So I’m not going to apologize any more when I take a hiatus, since it might turn out to be a regular thing. I’d planned on updating every other day (on average) but so far it looks like I’ll be every day for a few days, a week off, every day for a few days, a week off… ah well.
- I started a new job (don’t get excited) but I’m looking for something else. Something in retail, or at a restaurant. The problem is I need something full time. I could take on multiple part time-jobs, but it’s not ideal. I did it the last few years (last year I juggled 5 classes and 2 jobs.) and it’s actually not as hard as it sounds, but if I could find something full-time that would be preferable.
- I got a new couch! It’s ugly, but comfy. I was going to buy a slip-cover but then I realized they’re kind of expensive.
- That makes 4 major items of furniture that I’ve gotten for free. Not shabby.
- I added a new project to this site. You should check it out. It’s not actually new, I did it last year, but I was going through old projects and remembered how much I liked that one.
- I am working on redoing the icons on the main port page, so they’re more cohesive. So far I haven’t finished a design I’m really happy with, but when I do I will update them all at once.
I got a new printer in August (for my birthday) from my grandmother, and not-so-tech-savvy-me can’t set it up. It’s wireless, which I’ve never used before, but I followed all the instructions when I was setting it up and everything looks right- but it won’t print. It has something to do with connecting to the network. I talked to a Kodak rep for 3 hours while he talked me through different solutions, and still nothing.
Shifting topics, I think I need to map out the next 5 years of my life. There are things I know I want- a creative job in advertising or design, grad school, possibly moving West, the peace corps- but I don’t know the order. I only really want to know what the next step is going to be. If you have any suggestions, leave them in a comment :)
Shift again- we don’t have a kitten yet, but maybe very soon. I found a few on Craigslist that I’m waiting to hear back on. We need one to eat our mice. I haven’t seen them, but they leave signs. All over the place. And they ate Lisa’s chocolate.
Til next time,